What Are The Different Types of Bicycles Which You Can Buy
A lot of different types of bicycles are available in the market these days. There are a lot of different brands and styles to fulfill every sort of need and requirement. People usually do not know much about different types of bicycles and end up buying basic ones to later find out that they made a wrong choice. In this article, we will tell you everything that you need to know about different types of bicycles. This article will help you if you are looking forward to buying a new bicycle but do not have much knowledge about the different types of bicycles available in the market.
Most of the different bicycles can be easily bought online from websites like www.allterraincycles.co.uk which give you good deals at economical rates.
Different Types of Bicycles
1) Road bikes - Road bikes are the most common of all. They are designed for high speeds on smooth roads or surfaces. These bicycles usually have dropped handlebars. They are usually very light because they are made of high end steel, aluminium or carbon. Tyres on these bikes are specially designed to minimize friction so that these bikes can go up to high speeds. People riding a road bike have to sit in a hunched position. The only drawback is that road bike are more prone to punctures.
2) Touring bikes - Touring bikes are very similar to road bikes. One can say that a touring bike is a comfortable version of a road bike. Touring bikes have racks for carrying luggage, dropped handlebars and even mudguards. Even the wheelbase of a touring bike is longer as compared to other models in the market. However, touring bikes can be quite expensive.
3) Mountain bikes - These bikes are designed for difficult terrains and riding on mountains, both uphill and downhill. The wheelbase is very thick so that the bike is not prone to punctures. Moreover, there are many different gears for different speeds. Mountain bikes have very effective brakes. They usually have flat handlebars and a suspension which can absorb enough bumps. Mountain bicycles can even be used in the city.
4) Folding bikes - This type of bicycle comes in very handy if a person has to ride a bicycle and then travel through some form of public transport. Folding bikes are usually used for first and the last part of a commuter’s journey. They can be easily folded and carried while the person is sitting in a bus or a train. Most of the folding bikes do not have folding pedals and this can create some nuisance. However, you can buy them if you feel the need to do so.
5) Hybrid bikes - These bikes can be said to be a combination of mountain and road bikes. Hybrid bikes are designed like mountain bicycles, but they have a slimmer wheel base. Hybrid bikes are better for city riding. They are even known as comfort bikes as the rider sits in an upright position. All these different types of bikes can be easily bought from websites like www.allterraincycles.co.uk/ at economical rates.