Airbus A380, the double-decker plane, might be the largest passenger airplane in the world which also allows designers to make the first class cabin, the most luxurious way to fly. Check out the pictures of first class of Quantas’ A380 –
The Qantas A380 First Class suite, designed by Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson, has been awarded a Good DesignTM Award by The Chicago Athenaeum.
The Good DesignTM Awards were judged in New York by an international jury of design professionals, architects, experts, and cultural leaders.
The award recognises the Qantas A380 First Class suite for its aesthetics and excellence in design.
The understated luxury of the A380 First Class suite is created through the use of custom designed fabrics, innovative materials and premium finishes. Some key A380 First Class features:
- 14 individual suites with electronically adjustable seat with programmable positions and fully adjustable multi-zone massage function.
- The seat converts into a fully flat bed complemented by a foam mattress, sheepskin overlay and fitted cotton sheeting.
- Electronically deployed 17 inch LCD widescreen video monitor.
- Touch screen control unit featuring personal flight map and operating all electronic functions including electronically adjustable privacy screens.
- Leather guest seat and large dining table designed to accommodate two.
- A variety of personal stowage options including dresser unit.
- High quality finishes including Edelman leather and real wood.
- Noise cancelling headset port, PC power, USB and internet ports.
- Electronically controlled dual layer window shades.
- Mood lighting and enhanced cabin soundproofing.
- Designer amenities, pyjamas, soft furnishings and tableware featuring designs by Marc Newson, Collette Dinnigan and Akira Isogawa.
This award continues to build on the positive feedback from both our customers and the industry on the Qantas A380. It reinforces the value of a well designed inflight product, particularly for long haul flights.