Jacob Barnett: 12-year old autistic genius in college studying doctorate-level astrophysics!

Published by newsfreak
March 21, 2011 at 06:20

Jacob Barnett, 12-year autistic boy from Indianapolis, is studying doctorate-level astrophysics at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, as he was found to be functioning at genius levels in mathematics. He was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at the age of 3 as his parents noticed that it was difficult for him to show emotion and interact with other people.

Courses at elementary school bored him and the courses at IUPUI seem to be awakening the sleeping gaint. Obviously his older classmates at the University are amazed.

"When I first walked in and saw him, I thought, 'Oh my God, I'm going to school with Doogie Howser,' " said Wanda Anderson, a biochemistry major, referring to a television show that featured a 16-year-old boy-genius physician.Source: www.indystar.com

Even the professors are amazed as they are planning to move him to a paid research position.

In fact, his work is so strong and his ideas so original that he's being courted by a top-notch East Coast research center. IUPUI is interested in him moving from the classroom into a funded researcher's position.

"We have told him that after this semester . . . enough of the book work. You are here to do some science," said IUPUI physics Professor John Ross, who vows to help find some grant funding to support Jake and his work.

"If we can get all of those creative juices in a certain direction, we might be able to see some really amazing stuff down the road."Source: www.indystar.com

His parents are amazed too as they never expected him to accomplish so much.

"Oh my gosh, when he was 2, my fear was that he would never be in our world at all," said Kristine Barnett, 36, Jake's mother.

"He would not talk to anyone. He would not even look at us."

"My biggest fear," his mom said last week, with tears welling up in her eyes, "was that he had lost the ability to say, 'I love you' to us."
Source: www.indystar.com

We look forward to seeing more news about this young genius.

anonymous
March 30, 2011 at 00:38

>is studying doctorate-level astrophysics at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis

IUPUI not only does not offer courses in astrophysics, they don't even offer a basic astronomy course.

They do have a student-run astrology & nurmerology club.

Sagar Gorijala
March 30, 2011 at 01:57

sagargorijala[DOT]blogspot[DOT­]com

God(s) can not exist.Space can not be infinite and it is timeless.There is no beginning and an end to the existence of the World.Numbers? are infinite but number of apples (existence) can not be infinite.....

I invented this theory in January 2000 and as you can see... more than 11 long? years have passed and the World doesn't know my theory. I need your help in doing so. Please help me.

March 30, 2011 at 04:49

Sagar, I don't mean to sound overly critical, but your theory is incomplete in a number of ways. You can not simply make statements without providing proof to how you came to such a conclusion. A blanket statement like "Gods can not exist" has just as much validity as "God exists", assuming no evidence is provided (which, in this case, it can't be).

I would like to point out that I am an atheist, and I agree with some of your inferences. However, making the claim that you 'invented this theory' is more or less baseless because it can not be considered a theory in its current form.

I do have one question, though ... what exactly do you mean by "There is no beginning and an end to the existence of the World"? Which world are you referring to?

myview
March 31, 2011 at 21:16

Graviti is not yet explained. I have a theorie about that graviti is movement. Al materials shifts towarts stabiliti, like high praisure and low praisure in weather patrons. It never reach that stabiliti. The earth is still clamping together and that speed of material (olthot we don't notice) is what we feel as graviti. We are part of that speed like al the material oround us. Simpel and best explaind as the pressure you feel when your being pust in your chair when the car your sit in exaileraid. Sorry for my poor English, iam Dutch.

Jordan
April 26, 2011 at 18:39

myview, um..what?

Please learn how to spell...

but also, he is no genius. And what he intended on doing -Disproving the Big Bang Theory- was wrong. His logic and statements were flawed. He is good in numbers. They also state in another article he has a higher IQ than Einstien, which cant be possible seing as Einstien never took an IQ test.  Just saying, this kid will blow over soon enough.