Pregnant at 11 and mum by 12: Britain's youngest mum - Tressa Middleton

Published by AiraGirl
June 1, 2010 at 19:08

At 12 years of age, kids are supposed to play with a doll, not their baby. Four years ago, 12-year old Tressa Middleton,  shocked Britain by becoming its youngest mum. She candidly talked about having sex after getting drunk and excitement on becoming a mother. She became pregnant at the age of 11. Check the shocking pictures of 12-year old Tressa holding her baby -

Despite barely being out of primary school, Miss Middleton smoked up to 20 cigarettes a day, used cannabis and downed cocktails of Buckfast tonic wine and vodka.

Speaking under the cover of anonymity at the time, she disclosed that she had discovered the pregnancy weeks after having drunken sex in August 2005.

Drawing on a roll-up cigarette while heavily pregnant, she said: 'I slept with him because I was drunk and I wanted to. I don't regret it because if I didn't have sex with him I wouldn't  have my baby. I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.'

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Now at 16, Tressa is fighting to see her daughter. After giving birth to her daughter, both the mother and baby were under foster care. But soon Tressa became addicted to drugs and alcohol and the baby was finally given for adoption.

She told the Scottish Sun: 'I'm not a big drinker now and I don't smoke hash any more. In the past I've cut myself but I don't do that any more. I'm going to give myself a couple of years to get my life sorted, then I'm going to fight for access to my little girl.Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Makes you scared to your bone. There should definitely be a qualification test for people  to have kids. You just shouldn't be allowed to have one - if you are biologically capable - but also responsible for one.

Tressa might have changed for now, but can we really trust her?

david
June 2, 2010 at 03:39

That is just sickening!

June 2, 2010 at 15:11

its really sad. i want to know where her parents were when she was smoking 20 ciggs a day and binge drinking at the age of 10!!! why were they not there to guide her? way too many children are going the wrong path because nobody is there to show them the right one.

henriquemarsh
June 3, 2010 at 07:10

Despite being barely out of primary school, Miss Middleton smoked 20 cigarettes per day, the use of cannabis and drank cocktails of vodka and tonic wine Buckfast.

<a href="http://www.memorybits.co.uk/">memory stick</a>

johnie
August 20, 2010 at 06:19

i thank they should give her a chane ya she was not a good mother but if she chaged to get to know her baby then let her know her

Tamara Mackie
November 4, 2010 at 16:26

This is my comment this is what i think .......

To start with an other story was tht her brother had raped her and the other one was this i do belive this . here are my quiestions !

Where were her parents ?

Did she even know about sex ?

And my secand last one is why did she even smoke and drink where did she get it from the first place ?

And my last on was why did she get drunk in the first place! and ehy did no one stop her going out with her 15 years old boyfriend ?

Goodbye if u would like to talk to me again i am on facebook twitter bebo and msn

adriana
November 17, 2010 at 18:42

if she knew about sex and wanted a baby it;s fine with me but don't turn to alcohol because it is going to be hard for you to see you child and your baby not being able to see her.

carson
December 21, 2010 at 08:29

your fucking sex. i wanna have hardcore sex with you, tressa.

Jessie
March 10, 2011 at 15:44

why would you let your daughter have a child at 12 years old anyways, just thinking of it makes me sick because if the parents were supported then they would ot like there 11 year old get pregnent and have a baby when they are 12 thats sad and pathetic