FEMEN Hit Davos - Stop the Davos Conspiracy (NSFW)

Published by Hammer
January 29, 2012 at 08:42

While I generally avoid writing on the weekends, I have caught a lot of crap for avoiding FEMEN's Davos protest yesterday. It is truly amazing how many American media sources have been reporting on this.

In short, FEMEN went to Davos, Switzerland to protest the World Economic Forum. In classic FEMEN style, they got undressed and began to make some serious noise. It didn't take long before they decided to scale the fence enclosing the Forum, after which they were quickly arrested. The same three girls that went through hell in Belarus were at the protest in Davos: Inna Shevchenko, Aleksandr Shevchenko and Oksana Shachko.

They were joined at Davos by numerous other protest groups including Anonymous. However, nobody left such an impact or made quite as much noise as our beautiful FEMEN protesters. If they weren't beautiful, and topless, I highly doubt they would have been allowed to go as far as they did.

The core protest was around the Davos Conspiracy. The fact that such a small group of people make the decisions for the rest of the world without consultation or even care bothers all the protesters. FEMEN made it known by writing slogans on their breasts and holding up signs to echo these same slogans. As you can see by the pictures, the slogans are all in English, my favorite of which is "Gangster Party". I think it is clear that the gangsters that run Davos in fact run most of the world. These aren't the 1% that the Occupy movement is opposed to, but rather the .0001% of that 1%. When such a small group of people control the majority of the world, it is the people's duty to stand up to them and put them in their place.

Here are the videos that are currently posted on FEMEN's blog, as well as all the photos on the blog. There are plenty more photos and videos on Facebook, so add FEMEN to your 'liked' list and follow them there as well.

Police Building where the girls were held:

Jason Hunter
January 30, 2012 at 20:40

I love the burnette protesting beauty.She is absolutely smoking gorgeous.I love how she looks at the camera with a look of defiance.

Lisa G
January 30, 2012 at 21:10

Whoever the photographer was for this editorial is awesome. Looking at the photos I almost forget I'm looking at news and feel like I'm looking at a picture book of art. The composition is perfect in every shot! Great job!

GiĆ² S
February 9, 2012 at 17:21

Nobody had realized that FEMEN is a fraud?

They just took 30 model-looking naked girls to make a lot of noise in order to get the most visibility on all the medias of the planet.

Why? To make money!

Awesome girls, very smart photos, the right time the right place... it's so evident that this is a marketing strategy.

As a matter of facts, their site has a merchandise shop... how surprising!

With all the media coverage, the "activists" are making a huge amount of money in merchandise.

facebook reported that the 90% of profiles of Femen supporters are girls under 13, a perfect marketing target.

February 10, 2012 at 09:45

Gio, I have been following FEMEN for almost 3 years now and have watched them grow from some indiscriminate Ukrainian protest group into the media magnates they have become. So, to hear you say they are a fraud bent on making money leads me to believe you know absolutely nothing about them. I would guess you are either jealous of their fame, intimidated by their breasts or just some right wing nut who likes to put other people down. Regardless, before criticizing people you know nothing about and making outrageous claims I suggest just you try a novel new approach ... reading.

Frank Shifreeh
February 22, 2012 at 23:35

I think they are the greatest. Fine, they are beautiful, and for once using it , standing up to all the powers, with their power. Look at the way they stand, the way they shout. It is theater, It is art and for once sex is being used for the right reasons. I totally respect Femen, and think they are the vanguard

February 23, 2012 at 07:48

Frank, I couldn't agree more. The girls are using what they have, their beauty, for all the right reasons.